Tuesday, February 20, 2018

About me


Welcome to my



This blog is to bring you unique crafts that I'm working on and to bring you wood crafts that I've designed over the years. I have been making wood crafts now for well over thirty years and counting.
My interest in working with wood started when I was in the first year of high school in Gourock, Scotland. I made quite a few crafts including a bookstand and adjoining lamp, which I still have.

A wooden tray, a cigarette box with sliding lid. Not sure why the wood tech teacher had us make this at thirteen years of age, but they did.

Also, when I was in metal work class, I had the opportunity in making a garden hoe and metal triangular scraper which I still have. After making those items, I needed wooden handles for these tools. So, next time in woodwork class, I was allowed to use the lathe to carve out handles for my tools.

This was my first love of working with wood. As the years went on and I moved to Canada, I progressed into making larger items, including 16'X4' garbage bins for an apartment complex in Ottawa. I think I made about twelve of these. At the time, I had a little townhouse and made them all in my backyard, which was about 20'X10'. I did a dry fit in my yard before taking them to the apartment complex for permanent installation.

In 1981, I moved to Edmonton, Alberta and continued to make wood crafts of varying styles. Most of the wood crafts I designed, I designed myself. I know that people enjoy having a handmade woodcraft in their home. Not only that, but they are handmade right here in Edmonton, Alberta. Canada.

I'm a great believer in supporting local Artisans and craftspeople within our own city.
I love supporting local talent and I encourage you to do the same. When you do this you support the local economy. Yes, I believe in trade with other countries and Provinces within Canada, but let's support our local people first.

I look forward to introducing to you, a large variety of crafts that I've made over the years. Also, unique crafts, wood crafts that you will never ever find in any local store in Edmonton.
I make everything from crosses, key ring holders, coat racks, small shelf display racks, and necklaces. Scrollwork as pictured above carved signs with inset or outset lettering.

If you have any comments or questions about my wood crafts, let me know and I'll try to accommodate you. I can take customized orders. Enjoy your visit as you browse through my blog.

What I do when I'm not wood crafting

My full-time job is, as a painting contractor in Edmonton. I have been doing this since 1981 right here in Edmonton.

In my spare time, I am a songwriter/lyricist. Hoping one day, that maybe some talented singer will pick up on my songs. I have a few amateur videos on YouTube that I've made. I play guitar and add my own music and chords to my songs.

I am also the author of two books, a short novel called "I just want to be loved" and my autobiography called "Life is...but a memory" both are available online at Amazon and Smashwords as an e-book and soft cover for the novel. I am also a poet and have written over two hundred poems as well as songs. You can find more information on my writings at my other blog.
 
http://chriscampbellturner.blogspot.ca/

Any questions?

Contact me at this e-mail: chrispaints4u@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment